Thursday, January 3, 2013

Ghostbusters Birthday Cake

It's never too late to post a cake that I did back in July, right? While I was searching through pictures from the last year to start blogging about all my wedding projects, I can across a birthday cake I made for my husband (my fiance at the time)! It was his 30th birthday, and since Ghostbusters is one of his favorite movies, I made him a Ghostbusters cake!




My man loves two things: Funfetti cake and chocolate chip cookies. So I decided to incorporate BOTH into this cake! The top and bottom layer were Funfetti and the middle was a giant chocolate chip cookie!




 I covered it in "slime"!


On top, I wanted to put the Ghostbusters logo, so I used a cookie as the base!


I cut the shape out using an X-Acto knife.


I used the Wilton method of transferring images using piping gel to put the outline of the logo on the cookie.


Then I outlined everything in black icing and then filled it in with red and white icing!



Thought I would throw this cake in for fun. In September, fiancé (now husband) and his friends went to Gulf Shores for his bacholer party weekend. I decided that they needed a cake, but didn't have a lot of time to work on one because I was busy getting ready for my wedding shower! So, I threw together this cake. I think he liked it. :)


I need to make more cakes..... I love it so much! :)


❤ Emily


2 comments:

What kind of icing did you use for the slime? How did you make the giant cookies?

Hi! I used buttercream icing for the slime. I used a piping bag and tip to create the slimy look. I used a 8" cake pan to back the cookies. Hope this helps! Let me know if you have anymore questions!

Post a Comment